Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Driving driving driving....

So, today was a good day today. Working in the rural landscape, we do a LOT of driving. Today, 7 to 8 calls, and drove 260km's today AND didn't get home until 6:30pm. We're booked right up, and man, it's going to be busy through the end of September.

If you've been reading, our coverage area is HUGE!! Tomorrow, is going to be another driving day. 4 calls, and most of it is driving... It's one of those days where it's odd-ball calls where they're just all over the place... If you've looked at a map of Central Alberta, my calls are starting at Sundre, then Caroline, then Penhold and Three Hills. All easier calls, but just ALL driving. I'm getting to know my way around the area, that's for sure.

Everyday I learn something new, I learn a new technique... it's great. I'm also learning so much, personal thoughts that I won't divulge, on what I look for, in what I want and what I require for an appliance (fridge, stove, washer/dryer, dishwasher). Because our company services every manufacturer, AND because I'm using a real public forum here, I can't have a biased opinion on one versus another. Kinda like a reporter for a TV news station... can't show bias for one political party versus another.... that kind of thing. I digress...

I can't wait to go to school, to put whatever skills my boss has given me, to more practical uses and to actually learn the problem solving skills that my boss always says "do you know how I got to that conclusion??" or "did you see what I saw there?" As always, it's... yes... I do know HOW you did it, but to put some of those skills to practical use, will be difficult for me. I have to get into a dryer and just start using my multi-meter and "play."

Anyway, I hope I have an interesting story to tell tomorrow... Since today wasn't all that interesting... just the driving around... Crossing fingers, there will be something interesting. If not tomorrow... another day...

Later, Y'all...

No comments:

Post a Comment